Our commitment to privacy
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
The information we collect
When you visit the website or use one of our mobile applications, we collect your IP address, and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. We also may collect certain geo-location information. If you do not agree to our collection of this information, you may not be able to use our Service.
If you open an account, we collect the following information from you:
- Account Information - text-enabled cellular/wireless telephone number, machine or mobile device ID and other similar information.
- Identification Information - your name, street address, email address, date of birth, and SSN (or other governmental issued verification numbers).
- We also may obtain information about you: (a) from your mobile device such as your device type, machine or mobile device identification number, geo-location, time zone, language setting, browser type, and IP address, and (b) from third parties for purposes of transaction processing, identity verification, fraud detection or prevention and other similar purposes. For fraud prevention purposes, we also may link your machine ID with the machines of others who use your same payment cards.
- Social Web Information - including but not limited to your Facebook connect credentials (and information that you authorize Facebook share with us though permissions like this http://developers.facebook.com/images/devsite/auth-dialog-example.png and email account information. If you authorize Facebook Connect, the plug in may allow us to access your email, birthday, location, and your friends' information. We also allow you to import data from other social web services, including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, and email service providers. Social and e-mail contact information helps you connect to friends and contacts for invitation and payment transmission purposes (as well as helping us improve our services and fight fraud).
- Financial & Cryptocurrency Information - bank account and routing numbers, credit cards, and cryptocurrency accounts linked to your Fluid account. Fluid does not share financial information with third party social networking services such as those listed in the prior bullet.
We are committed to providing a safe, secure and all around great service. Therefore, before permitting you to use our Service, we may require additional information from you we can use to verify your identity, address or other information or to manage risk and compliance throughout our relationship. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification, fraud prevention and similar services.
When you are using the Fluid service, we collect information about your account transactions and trust relationships and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention and other similar purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
Information from children
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 18.
When you access the website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called "cookies" on your computer.
For example, we send a "session cookie" to your computer any time you log in to your Fluid account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don't need to ask you for your password on each page.
You are free to decline Fluid cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the website.
How we protect and store personal information
We store and process your personal information using third party servers located in secure data centers in the United States, This information is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our office and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including never sharing your Fluid password with anyone.
If Fluid learns of a systems security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Fluid service, you agree that Fluid may communicate with you electronically. Fluid may post a notice on the website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach) you should notify us.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, fun and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for content we think will be enjoyable;
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions or your network activity;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications text messaging, and online messaging channels), so that we can send you news about Fluid, details about new features and content available through Fluid or our content partners, and special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
- perform other duties as required by law.
How we share personal information within the Fluid network
To process transactions on Fluid, we may need to share some of your personal information with the entity or content partners you are transacting with. Your contact information and/or other verification metrics like social graph activity may be provided to companies when you transact with, on, or through Fluid.
We work with content partners to enable them to accept payments from you using Fluid tokens. In doing so, a content partner may share information about you with us, such as your mobile phone number, content being accessed and/or Fluid username, when you attempt to transact with that content partner. We use this information to confirm to that content partner that you are a Fluid user and that the content partner should enable Fluid as a form of payment for your transaction.
Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number, bank account number or cryptocurrency information to anyone you have transacted with through Fluid, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
How we share the personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if Fluid is compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure, when it is necessary to do so to comply with law, or where the disclosure of personal information is reasonably necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the Fluid User Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Third party service providers who assist us in providing services to you or who provide fraud detection or similar services on our [or any vendor's] behalf.
- The other Fluid user participating in the transaction and, depending on the privacy setting of each Fluid account transaction, your Fluid friends and the Fluid friends of the other user participating in the transaction, or the public, through the Fluid feed on our website and app and elsewhere on the internet.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (for example, fraud prevention, payment processing, or technology services); Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
How you can access or change your personal information
You can review and update your personal information in your account settings at any time by logging in to your account.
Links to other sites
The website may contain links to other sites. Fluid does not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from the website. We encourage our users to be aware when they are leaving the website and to read the privacy statements of any site that collects personally identifiable information.
How to contact us